RPCNA and ARP to Meet in 2015
During the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA) Synod meeting in June in Indiana, they accepted an invitation from the Associate Reformed Presbyterian (ARP) for concurrent Synod meetings in 2015. The exact motion read: “That Synod seek to meet concurrently with the ARP in Bonclarken, NC as mutually agreed upon with the ARP in 2015.” During the ARP Synod meeting a motion was adopted “That the joint worship services for the concurrent Synod with the RPCNA in 2015 be conducted with the singing of psalms without accompaniment. Rev. Rob Patrick, Bartow ARP Church, is the chairman of the Inter-church Relations Committee.
Open position for Vice President for Finance / Controller at Bonclarken Conference Center
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Bonclarken Conference Center, Inc. is the conference center of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. As a 501(c)(3) ministry, our mission is to “provide and promote a Christian environment for inspiration and renewal.” Located in Flat Rock, NC, we provide facilities for worship, education, fellowship, and recreation for Christian and educational groups on a year-round basis. We are members of ECFA and have annual outside financial reviews.
The Vice President for Finance / Controller should have at least five years of financial experience (ideally in a non-profit setting) and will have experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations. He or she should have “hands on” experience in accounting, budgeting, control and reporting.
- An evangelical Christian who has made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for the mission of Bonclarken.
- Minimum of a BS; a CPA or CMA preferred.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll working knowledge and experience. Understanding of fund accounting a plus.
- Skill in using current technology to efficiently manage all financial aspects of Bonclarken.
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
If you feel you meet these qualifications, please provide your resume and cover letter to Joseph (Chip) Sherer, President, at email@example.com or mail to 500 Pine Drive, Flat Rock, NC 28731.
Please respond by September 1, 2013.
Ebenezer ARP Church Youth Pastor
Ebenezer ARP Church in Rock Hill, SC is looking for a Middle School and Senior High Youth Pastor. M.Div. a plus, but not required. A degree from accredited college and previous experience in youth work a must. Send resume to Ronnie Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to Ebenezer ARP Church, P.O. Box 36081, Rock Hill, SC 29732.
Congratulations to Reverend Heathman