For the last couple of years there has been a grassroots prayer meeting for the meeting of the ARP synod. Again this year, there are several groups that will be gathering tomorrow, Friday, June 5, to pray for the upcoming Synod Meeting. If you are nearby one of these please come and join with those praying.
First Presbyterian Church – Columbia, SC – Kyle Sims
Session Room, Palmer Ministry Building – 7:30am
Due West ARP Church – Calvin Draffin
Choir Room, 9:00am
Huntersville ARP Church – Lee Shelnutt
The ARP Center – Greenville, SC – Paul Bell
Conference Room, 11:00am
Hill City ARP Church – Rock Hill, SC – Daniel Wells
Courtroom at the Gettys Art Center – 11:00am
For those that are not able to come, we encourage you to spend time in prayer on Friday. For a prayer guide, click here.
- Link to the Synod schedule and Presbytery meeting locations can be found here.
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church in North America (RPCNA) will be holding its General Synod at Bonclarken concurrently with our meeting. They expect approximately 180 delegates.
- The RPCNA will be using The Lodge for its housing and its meeting.
- Because The Lodge will be in use by the RPCNA, ARPC registration will be in the Jean White Room of Founders Hall.
- Online registration has closed. Onsite registration will be Monday, June 8 from 2-5pm and Tuesday, June 9 from 9am-noon.
- Parking will be at a premium and there will be a good bit more traffic. Please consider carpooling whenever possible. Shuttles will be available.
- Erskine will not be hosting its usual barbecue lunch this year, but will be hosting an ice cream social on Monday evening following Pre-Synod, on the lawn of the hotel.
- In order that we might know one another, ARPC representatives from Erskine, Christian Education Ministries, Outreach North America, and World Witness will be presenting the work of their agencies along with their RPCNA counterparts on Wednesday afternoon. Delegates will choose 3 of the 4 sessions to attend.
Because of the joint agency presentations on Wednesday afternoon, it is highly likely that our meeting will run into Thursday afternoon or evening. Please plan accordingly!