Hurricane Sandy Relief
Thanks to those who responded to this notice for help for the victims of Super Storm Sandy in the Northeast. Response so far has been good and very much appreciated.
We will continue taking donations through November 30, providing direct relief to victims. The Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church’s established Good Samaritan Offering provides a way for ARPs to collectively provide financial support to victims of natural disasters, both now and in the future.
Individuals and congregations wishing to make donations for victims of Hurricane Sandy may send their gifts to the Office of Central Services, 1 Cleveland St, Greenville SC 29601.
Checks should be made out to: General Synod, ARP Church for Good Samaritan Offering.
It has been reported that no ARP Churches in Northeast Presbytery were adversely affected. Please contact Central Services if you know of any needs as a result of this storm (864-232-8297).
Churches, please place this notice in your bulletins and newsletters.
ARP Intern Website
In an effort to encourage internships in our smaller ARP churches, Rev. Scott Robar has created an ARP Intern Website which lists ARP churches looking for interns to help them; current ARP interns at smaller churches; and information about meetings and seminars designed to help encourage and inform ARP interns.
The site is essentially an apologetic for seminary students to intern at small ARP churches and the benefits that accrue, both to the intern, to the church, and to the community. It has been initially designed for the ARP churches in the Charlotte area, but can be expanded to cover other areas where there is an ARP presence, especially areas that might be close to a seminary. This Website is new and we’re just now breaking ground, but our prayer is that this can become a way to help revitalize the ARP Church.
Here is the link: http://arpinterns.com/
2013 CATAWBA PRESBYTERY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- March 1-3, 2013: Senior High Super Retreat at Bonclarken
- March 12, 2013: Catawba Presbytery at Clover Church, Clover, SC-10 a.m.
- March 22-24, 2013: Catawba Middle School Retreat at Bonclarken
- April 6, 2013: Catawba Chlldren’s Retreat at Tlrzah Church at 10 a.m.
- May 2, 2013: Catawba Adult Retreat, Ebenezer Church, Rock Hill, 10 a.m.
- June 11, 2013: Catawba Presbytery at Bonclarken Chapel at 2 p.m.
- September 20-22, 2013: Senior High Super Retreat at Bonclarken
- October 8, 2013: Catawba Presbytery at First Columbia Church – 10 a.m.
- October 22, 2013: Catawba Elders’ Association at Bethel Church at 7 p.m.
- November 8-10, 2013: Catawba Middle School Retreat at Bonclarken
Old Brick Church Reminder
The Old Brick Church is the responsibility of Catawba Presbytery, which has designated the Old Brick Church Commission to oversee the upkeep, maintenance and scheduling for the Church. Donations for this important historical work are always welcomed. Donations designated for the Old Brick Church can be sent at any time to Mr. T. C. S. Lever, treasurer, 1787 Windsor Drive, Lancaster, SC 29720.
Visits to the Old Brick Church can be arranged through Commission Chairman Boe Harwell at 803-635-48841 (H) or 803-718-3661 (C); or the secretary of the Commission, Bryan McKown at 803-782-4236.