March 12, 2013
- Received Mackay Smith as a licentiate from Catawba Presbytery, heard his sermon for ordination, examined and approved him for ordination. Approved his call to be the associate pastor at White Oak ARP Church (GA).
- Received Brett Blackman from First Presbytery as a student of theology and heard his senior sermon. He is a member at The Bridge, Greenville, SC.
- Received under care Fred Hope as a student of theology. He is a member of the Thomson (GA) Presbyterian Church.
- Approved the building plans for Clemson Korean Mission.
- Delayed action on receiving New Days Korean as a congregation and appointed a committee to identify resources for clear communication and training for this and other Korean congregations.
- Received with sadness the report from Covenant Way that this ministry will be closing by May 15.
- Recognized the retirement of Gary Pierstorff as pastor of the Cannon’s Creek/Prosperity ARP Church. His retirement will be effective June 30.
- Approved Carl Geisik as stated supply for the Ebenezer and Wrens (GA) congregations.
- Approved a Memorial to be sent to Synod about beginning the process with the Committee on Campus Ministry to start a RUF ministry at Newberry College.
- Noted the transfer of membership of Lee P. Kennerly to Trinity Presbytery (PCUSA) and student of theology Asaph Din to Mid-Atlantic Presbytery of the EPC.
- Steve Kern, ruling elder at the Devenger Road ARP Church, served as moderator.