By: Peter Kemeny, Pastor of Good News Presbyterian Church
For two decades Good News Presbyterian Church, Frederick, MD, has met for worship and fellowship in rented facilities. Our church family has prayed for, searched for, and saved toward the purchase of a building. We recently purchased 5.7 acres of prime real estate on North Clifton Road in Frederick, Maryland. The price and location of this property provides us with a tremendous opportunity to construct, beside a chapel currently on the property, an 8,355 square-foot building containing a 250-seat sanctuary, classrooms, offices, and fellowship area. The sanctuary will reflect a simple dignity focusing on the centrality of God’s Word in worship. We are excited to begin the next chapter of our history and ask for your prayer as we take advantage of this opportunity the Lord has set before us.
There are many benefits of a church building.
- A visible presence in the community.
- A center for outreach ministries such as after-school clubs, evangelistic Bible studies, homeschool groups, and our Soccer and Bible Camps.
- A gathering place for meetings, fellowship meals, Bible studies, and informal get-togethers as well as a place to meet up with other church members during the week.
- A schoolhouse for discipleship with rooms for children’s, youth, and adult studies and activities.
- A permanent church home that will guarantee us a place of worship and fellowship for generations to come
As a denomination, let us pray for the work of Good News Presbyterian Church as they begin a building campaign.