Orphan Sunday November 10
Once again it’s the time of year when we have the opportunity to educate
our congregations about what our denomination is doing by way of orphan care!
James 1:27 states that, “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father
is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained
from the world.”
It is with joy that we invite you to join us in celebrating Orphan Sunday on November 10, 2019 by providing simple prayer cards to your congregation on the ministry the ARP Church has to orphans through the Dunlap Foundation.
The prayer cards can be found here and we have provided all the information you’ll need. So, pull up a chair, and let the great conversation begin on how we have, are, and will walk beside orphans to love them in their distress.
– Erin Ulerich
Bonclarken Conference Center Newsletter
Give with a Thankful Heart
Twice each year at Thanksgiving and at Easter, the ARP Church collects a special offering to support some of the ministries of our denomination. The Thanksgiving Season Special Offering is for the benefit of:
- Christmas Benevolent Fund – A longstanding ministry of the ARP Church, this fund provides monetary gifts to retired ARP ministers and widows of retired ministers.
- Outreach North America – This agency of our denomination assists in the planting of new ARP churches and the revitalization of existing congregations.
- Erskine Theological Seminary – As our church’s only institution of theological education, the seminary equips men and women for Gospel service through a variety of master and doctoral level programs of study.
- The American Bible Society – This organization strives to make Bibles available to people
throughout the world.
We ask that each congregation provide an opportunity for your congregation to participate in this special offering. While no specific date is set for the collection of the offering, we ask that proceeds be sent in by December 31, 2019 so that distributions may be made in a timely manner. Please return the Special Thanksgiving Offering Report to the ARP Center with your church’s contribution or you may give online by clicking here.
Nominations for Erskine’s Board of Trustees
The General Synod of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and Erskine College and Seminary are working collaboratively to place gifted individuals on Erskine’s Board of Trustees. We are seeking your assistance in this effort.
We would like for you to thoughtfully and prayerfully consider submitting one or more names for consideration as a future member of Erskine’s Board of Trustees. To give you a better understanding of the expectations for trustees, we encourage you to review the following documents:
- Mission Statements of Erskine College and Erskine Theological Seminary
- The definition of an Evangelical Christian adopted by the General Synod of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (originally adopted June 1976, updated June 2008.)
- A Theological Commitments Questionnaire adopted by the General Synod on June 7, 2012.
- Statement of the Philosophy of Christian Higher Education of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church as adopted by the General Synod June 2018.
- Statement of Trustee Responsibilities, adopted by the Board of Trustees on February 28, 1986.
- Erskine College Trustee Profile, adopted by the Board of Trustees on October 26, 1990.
- Conflict of Interest Policy from the Erskine College and Seminary Board Policy Manual adopted May 18, 2012.
Given our desire for Erskine’s long-term success, we are asking you to share names of individuals that would serve Erskine’s best interests at any time in the future. We also ask that you extend our request to others who would be willing to share name(s) for consideration with us.
Committee on Nominations c/o Ms. Cindy Scott
918 S. Pleasantburg Dr, Suite 127
Greenville, SC 29607
At a later date, we may need to contact you for further information regarding the individual(s) you have submitted. Thank you for your assistance in this vital effort.
Joey Donahue, Committee on Nominations
Jill Gazzaway, Board of Trustees