There are simple steps towards being a “welcoming church”. One thing I have noticed is the importance of a website. When I want to visit a church, the first thing I look for is a website. It is always best to have up-to-date information, especially with Covid protocols and worship service times. I found Hope ARP Church in Opelousas, Louisiana to have a great section on their website which includes, “what to expect.” Here is what they have:
What to Expect
Visitors are warmly welcomed at Hope Church! Here is what you can expect when you worship with us:
- Members typically dress in casual or dressy casual attire.
- We offer Sunday School for all ages at 9:30 AM, from kindergarten to adults.
- We’ll start worship promptly at 10:30 AM and finish by noon.
- A nursery staffed with a trained nurse for babies and toddlers is available during Sunday School and church.
- Children’s church is provided for children ages 2-5. Children can go with their teacher to the education building following the Children’s message and will return to church after the sermon.
- We sing a variety of music–from traditional hymns to contemporary worship songs.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each Sunday. All baptized members in good standing at a Christian Church are invited to partake. Red wine or white grape juice are available in the communion trays.
Maybe this would be an example of something to add to your website. Thank you Rev. Dean Rydbeck for letting me share this. If you don’t have a website, start there. If you have other ideas, please share them with me.