Churches are making plans now to meet in person again. Some have already met for a couple weeks and some are meeting outside in the parking lot. While live-streaming measures will still take place especially for those at higher risks, churches are working to gather again. After talking with a number of pastors, here are some of the steps they are taking to ensure safe social distancing.
- There will be just Worship. No fellowship time or Sunday School.
- Check DHEC and CDC for updates daily.
- Mark every other pew for social distancing.
- Members can wear masks if they feel more comfortable.
- Limit the entrances used. Doors will be propped before and after services. ( One door for entrance and another for exit.)
- Bulletins will be set out, not handed out, or they may be on the screen only.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available.
- Members are encouraged to use the restroom before.
- Offering plates will be at the back for drop off.
- A cleaning and sanitizing company will come each week.
These are only suggestions to get things moving. I pray for you as you make the decisions for your church. Please share any ideas or suggestions that you find helpful. (firstname.lastname@example.org)